Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A device for flushing the bowls of water-closets.
  • n. In telegraphy, an oblong box, the top or cover of which is flush or even with the surface of the ground: used in drawing electric wires into underground pipes or conduits. See the extract.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.