from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The part of the face between the eyebrows, the normal hairline, and the temples.
- n. The front part of something.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of the face above the eyebrows and below the hairline.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The front of that part of the head which incloses the brain; that part of the face above the eyes; the brow.
- n. The aspect or countenance; assurance.
- n. The front or fore part of anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fore or front upper part of the head; the part of the face which extends from the usual line of hair on the top of the head to the eyes; the brow.
- n. Confidence; assurance; audacity; front: same as face, 5.
- n. In entomology, the upper part of an insect's epicranium, including the front and vertex.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the large cranial bone forming the front part of the cranium: includes the upper part of the orbits
- n. the part of the face above the eyes
One thing's for sure ... her forehead is as big as her wallet.
Positioned over the forehead is a big central sphere I call a “bulb” which contains the camera and is surrounded by more LEDs.
Take a look at the pictures of Parviz Khan, that mark in the centre of his forehead is there from it rubbing and banging on the floor during the five times a day prayer, it is a sign of religious observance of Islam.
The big L on my forehead is a temporary thing … ..
Another study examined the impact of the Buddhist "insight" meditation on the brain and learned that it caused an increase in thickness of the prefrontal cortex in the brain, the part that lies behind what we call our forehead and is associated with higher order function such as attention and making moral judgments.
Humm Tikka as in Paneer ka or Tikha as in hot or Tikka as in smearing on the forehead is still a tasty starter I assure you but you must do the right things right, pronounce it correctly!
Sajjan and Tytler and others are just small actors and this saffron “Tilak” on their forehead is protecting them.
Gloin will be required to wear a wig and beard and some minor prosthetics make-up, like a nose or forehead, is possible.
Thorin will be required to wear a wig and beard and some minor prosthetics make-up, like a nose or forehead, is possible.
Fili and Kili will be required to wear a wig and beard, and some minor prosthetics make-up, like a nose or forehead, is possible.