from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing or fitted to the entire length, especially of the human body: a full-length mirror; a full-length robe.
- adj. Of a normal or standard length: a full-length novel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not shortened; complete and uncut
- adj. Covering the full height of the body
- adj. (of a painting or sculpture) Representing the full height of the body
- adj. At full stretch, requiring the whole body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. accommodating the full height of the human figure.
- adj. representing the full height of the human figure.
- adj. unabridged. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Embracing the whole; extending the whole length: as, a full-length portrait.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. representing or accommodating the entire length
- adj. complete
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The 10 tracks on Delay Trees' recent self-titled full-length are models of concision, each stuffing a Sigur Ros epic's worth of buildup into four or so minutes at a time.
In public he often wore a full-length white mink coat draped over European suits, and at home he liked to relax in satin slippers and a flowing robe decorated with sequins and an Elizabethan collar.
OK, fine: the Pope despite the full-length resplendent robes and the tiara-on-testosterone headdress will never be a queen.
Holly stared at herself in the full-length mirror in the condo she rented in Nashville.
The output of brilliant miniatures – Jack the Bear, Ko-Ko, A Portrait of Bert Williams, Prelude to a Kiss, Concerto for Cootie – continued as he entered the 1940s with perhaps the greatest line-up he ever assembled, and in 1941 his first full-length Broadway show, Jump for Joy, introduced Just Squeeze Me and I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good.
I give myself the once-over in my full-length mirror, admiring myself.
Standing naked in front of my full-length mirror, I like…no, love, what I see: full, luscious lips; perky, C-cup tits; small, tight waist; firm, plump ass; and smooth, shapely legs.
As for all the "designer" obsession, let me just report that my cat Dinah chose to wear full-length tortoiseshell to her Top Of The Bookshelf Inaugural Ball.
Conveniently, the Pyro 15 has a full-length zipper so you can avoid sweating through the night should temperatures climb.
Brett Goldstein certainly has one of those, as you can tell from the title of this, his debut full-length show.