from The American HeritageĀ® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • v. Variant of goffer.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • v. To plait, crimp, or flute; to goffer, as lace.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • transitive v. To plait, crimp, or flute; to goffer, as lace. See goffer.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • Same as goffer.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • v. make wavy with a heated goffering iron
  • n. an ornamental frill made by pressing pleats
  • n. an iron used to press pleats and ridges


French gaufrer to figure cloth, velvet, and other stuffs, from gaufre honeycomb, waffle; of German origin. See waffle, wafer, and compare goffer, gopher an animal. (Wiktionary)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.