from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A musical note, especially an appoggiatura, added as an embellishment, printed in small type, and not counted in rhythm.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In music, a grace; especially, an appoggiatura. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun music A musical note written in smaller print, with or without a
slashthrough it, to indicate that its note valuedoes not count as part of the total time value of the measure.
- noun figuratively Concerns of secondary importance to that which is of primary concern.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an embellishing note usually written in smaller size
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.