from The Century Dictionary.
- Proceeding step by step; gradual.
- Suitable or adapted for progression or forward motion: an epithet formerly applied to the extremities of a quadruped which arc equal or nearly so, and adapted for ordinary progression on dry land.
- noun In eccles. arch., a series of steps from the cloisters into the church.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Proceeding step by step, or by gradations; gradual.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Suitable for walking; -- said of the limbs of an animal when adapted for walking on land.
- noun (Arch.) A series of steps from a cloister into a church.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun architecture A series of
stepsfrom a cloisterinto a church.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective taking place by degrees
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Compare Latin gradatarium.
Sorry, no example sentences found.