from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The wife or widow of a grand duke.
- noun A woman who is the sovereign of a grand duchy.
- noun The daughter or granddaughter of a czar in the male line.
- noun Used as the title for such a noblewoman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
wifeor widowof a grand duke.
- noun incorrectly sometimes applied to render a
grand prince's female spouse
- noun A
daughteror granddaughterof a sovereign ( czaror later emperor) of the Russian Empireor a pretenderto the thronethereof.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the wife of a grand duke or a woman holding that rank in her own right
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.