from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The making of drawings in accordance with the rules of mathematics, as in engineering or architecture.
- n. Calculations, as of structural stress, from such drawings.
- n. See graphic arts.
- n. Computer Science The pictorial representation and manipulation of data, as used in computer-aided design and manufacture, in typesetting and the graphic arts, and in educational and recreational programs.
- n. Computer Science The process by which a computer displays data pictorially.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The making of architectural or design drawings.
- n. The graphic arts.
- n. The pictorial representation and manipulation of data; the process by which a computer displays data.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or the science of drawing; esp. of drawing according to mathematical rules, as in perspective, projection, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of drawing, particularly of precise mechanical drawing, as of architectural and engineering plans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the drawings and photographs in the layout of a book
- n. photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In this world of technical showmanship and ‘my graphics are better than your graphics,’ I just want to slow down time and tell the world to chill for a minute.
No wonder, then, that the most exciting parts of the series are the title graphics and production techniques that amp up the drama.
Both the in-game and the title graphics are great iPad owners should petition the developer for an HD treatment, in our opinion and the music, composed by game score expert
Doctor How, but a dyslexic production designer accidentally made the title graphics with
The label graphics have been presented in full gold to portray the premium imagery of the brand and the rich character of the wines.
Manipulate the magic of Photoshop to recreate the title graphics from the new Harry Potter summer movie.
Corey's summer movie series continues with this tutorial about recreating the title graphics of the new movie, Angels and Demons.
It's action-packed, the graphics is exceptional and I totally love those shield explosions.
In the process of creation for each game I learned a little bit more and I'm getting a little bit better both in graphics and coding.
Narrative video games, for all their technical advances in graphics, sound, and control, are still stuck in the same paradigm: dressing up as a superhero (or space marine, or rogue cop, or knight, etc.) and killing bad guys.