from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The target of a projectile, such as a missile or bomb.
- noun The site of a terrorist bombing or other violent act of destruction.
- noun The site directly below, directly above, or at the point of detonation of a nuclear weapon.
- noun The center of rapid or intense development or change.
- noun The starting point or most basic level.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The point on the land or water surface below, above, or at which an atomic or nuclear
- noun by extension The location of any
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the target of a projectile (as a bomb or missile)
- noun the site of the World Trade Center before it was destroyed
- noun the point of detonation (or above or below) of a nuclear weapon
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.