from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A note having one half the value of a whole note.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A musical note that is two beats long, which is half the length of a semibreve and equal in length to two crotchets; a minim.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a minim, one half of a semibreve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In musical notation, a note equivalent to one half of a whole note; a minim (as shown in figure).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a musical note having the time value of half a whole note
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.