from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small hand-held explosive device designed to be thrown at the enemy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A portable fire extinguisher consisting of a glass bottle containing water and gas. It is thrown into the flames. Called also fire grenade.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Milit., a small spherical or cylindrical iron shell, about three inches in diameter, filled with powder, lighted by means of a fuse, and thrown by hand.
- n. A fire-extinguisher consisting of a glass bottle filled with chemicals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a grenade designed to be thrown by hand
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.