from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The prevention, treatment, and management of illness and the preservation of mental and physical well-being through the services offered by the medical and allied health professions.
- adj. Of or relating to health care: the health care industry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The prevention, treatment, and management of illness and the preservation of mental and physical well-being through the services offered by the medical, nursing, and allied health professions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. social insurance for the ill and injured
- n. the preservation of mental and physical health by preventing or treating illness through services offered by the health profession
And experiential marketing will be increasingly important for larger health care providers such as HMOs as health care becomes more business-and finance-driven.
He was determined to put the American people firstwhich meant getting control of a ballooning budget deficit, addressing health care and welfare reform, and dealing with other domestic needs.
Dr. Marie Savard: To learn how you can become a more powerful consumer in the health care system, go to www.drsavard.com, or call 877-SAVARDS 728-2737.
At Genesis ElderCare™, we assess the individual needs of the elderly and their families and provide health care services through a network of people, places and programs.
Dr. Marie Savard, author of How to Save Your Own Life, has dedicated her career to helping women find the power to avoid the pitfalls of modern medicine and get the best health care possible.
Some only see their health care provider when they're sick, and those with poor or no health insurance do not go at all, said Roshan Bastani, professor of public health and associate director of cancer prevention and control research at UCLA's Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Ronald Kessler, professor of health care policy at Harvard Medical School, asked 166 married couples to keep a daily stress diary for six weeks.
Anthony Keck, South Carolina's Medicaid director, says the state's rates for doctors, hospitals and other health care providers are still higher than the national average.
At Genesis ElderCare, we assess the individual needs of the elderly and their families and provide health care services through a network of people, places, and programs.
First, the range of responsibilities assigned to the new planning office was staggeringrunning from providing humanitarian relief, rebuilding the economy, and reestablishing civil services like electricity and health care to dismantling weapons of mass destruction, defeating terrorism, and reshaping the military and internal security forces.