from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who lives in a highland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who inhabits the Scottish Highlands.
- n. Any person who lives in mountainous or hilly terrain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a soldier in a Scottish Highland regiment.
- n. An inhabitant of highlands, especially of the Highlands of Scotland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of highlands; specifically (with a capital), an inhabitant or a member of the Gaelic race of the Highlands of Scotland.
- n. A playing-card having slight blemishes on both surfaces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native of the Highlands of Scotland
- n. a soldier in a Scottish regiment from the Highlands
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The highlights were thrilling interludes by "highlander" folk band Zakopower, led by charismatic singer-violinist Sebastian Karpiel-Bulecka, an energetic foil to Kennedy's wayward brilliance.
Highlander ye corner of Pall Mall, facing St. James's, Haymarket, "and says that the highlander was a favourite tobacconist's sign for 200 years.
We caught a Japanese exhibition about time, with all sorts of weird shit, took the elevator up to the umpty-umpth floor and looked out over the city, bought some sheep's cheese (a "highlander" staple) from a stall and ate it over a few beers before my interview with TVP, only the Polish equivalent of BBC for crying out loud, in another branch of EMPiK.
I love most highlander stories, and the regency era is a close second.
I'd love to live in Scotland in medieval time, in a big castle with a sexy highlander.
He looked questioningly at the old highlander, wondering if his men understood.
The highlander who had missed his throw picked up his spear and stabbed the man in the back until he stopped moving.
I thinks this should really be researched to save gas and save the ENV .. highlander
The book has erotic and paranormal elements, star-crossed lovers, covers a span of more than 700 years, a sexologist, and a highlander who keeps sweeping me off my feet
Boudreaux, a Cajun highlander from Rapides Parish in central Louisiana, was an older, single gentleman, who was born and raised a Baptist, now living in South Louisiana.