from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a tropical tree, of the genus Spondias (Spondias lutea), with fruit somewhat resembling plums, but chiefly eaten by hogs. It is found in the West Indies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Spondias, natural order Anacardiaceæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. yellow oval tropical fruit
- n. tropical American tree having edible yellow fruit
- n. small native American shrubby tree bearing small edible yellow to reddish fruit
- n. fruit of the wild plum of southern United States
Sorry, no etymologies found.