from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A gymnastics apparatus consisting of a single bar mounted approximately eight feet above the ground and used for swinging maneuvers. Also called high bar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horizontally-aligned bar used in gymnastics, upon which acts of swinging are performed.
- n. A gymnastics event using the horizontal bar.
- n. The dash symbol (―) (used to introduce quoted text)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. gymnastic apparatus consisting of a bar supported in a horizontal position by uprights at both ends
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.