from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun One who is versed in the science or engaged in the practice of hydrography; specifically, one who has charge of hydrographic surveys and of other operations belonging to hydrography.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun One skilled in the hydrography; one who surveys, or draws maps or charts of, the sea, lakes, or other waters, with the adjacent shores; one who describes the sea or other waters.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A scientist whose speciality is hydrography.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word hydrographer.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.