from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shoe or light boot with a metal runner or blade fitted to the sole, used for skating on ice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a light boot, fitted with a blade, used for skating on ice
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shoe with a metal runner (called a blade) attached to permit the wearer to glide on ice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. move along on ice skates
- n. skate consisting of a boot with a steel blade fitted to the sole
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.