from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A member of one of the tribes speaking the Igorrote language, including the Igorrotes proper, the Buriks, and the Busaos.
- noun In a generalized sense, a member of one of the uncivilized tribes of northern Luzon until recently known as head-hunters; also rarely used to designate those of central Luzon and Mindanao.
- noun In local Philippine usage, a savage; a pagan native. See
- noun The language, or any language, spoken by Igorrotes. There are many dialects which have been only scantily recorded or studied.
- Of or pertaining to the Igorrotes.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.