from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not fertile; unproductive or barren.
- adj. Biology Not capable of initiating, sustaining, or supporting reproduction.
- adj. Biology Not fertilized and hence incapable of growing and developing: infertile duck eggs.
- adj. Not capable of sustaining crops or vegetation: infertile land.
- adj. Unproductive or producing little: a path of research that proved infertile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not fertile
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not fertile; not productive; barren; sterile; unable to propagate its kind; ; an infertile hybrid; -- of living things and of soil or land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not fertile; not fruitful or productive; barren; sterile: as, an infertile soil; infertile ideas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. incapable of reproducing
Hearing the word infertile had made her feel unfeminine and as if her female body had failed in some way.
Identifying herself with the word infertile had diminished her sense of herself as a woman.
Now they are coming back because the Karzai government is inviting them back and then it is dumping them in infertile deserts with no access to healthcare, no access to jobs, she said.
A Sumatra tiger cub born to a mother previously thought to be infertile is in good health at the Frankfurt Zoo in Germany.
A Sumatra tiger cub born to a mother previously thought to be infertile is in good health at the Frankfurt Zoo in ...
Behavioural therapy can restore ovulation in infertile women
I shouldn’t have been surprised, because the Centers for Disease Control reports that 7.3 million American partners—12percent of reproductive-age couples—meet the definition of infertile: unable to get pregnant after trying for one year.1
The need to bear biological children is sincere, and science's ability to bring children to the infertile is a blessing to those who desire genetic offspring.
And if you do that you're probably not going risk the chance of becoming infertile, which is the biggest concern, I think.
Even the infertile are the brunt of bad jokes by gay-advocates.