from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or involving ingress.
- adj. Grammar Inchoative.
- adj. Linguistics Of or being a speech sound produced with an inhalation of breath.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. going or directed inward, entering
- adj. open to entry or examination
- adj. Uttered by drawing air inward through the mouth or nose.
- adj. descriptive of a source or channel through which water enters or once entered an area.
- n. A speech sound in which the air stream is created by drawing air in through the mouth or nose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Entering; denoting entering on or beginning.
Sorry, no etymologies found.