from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To introduce or inject semen into the reproductive tract of (a female).
- transitive v. To sow seed in.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To sow (to disperse or plant seeds).
- v. To impregnate (to cause to become pregnant).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To sow seed into.
- transitive v. To sow seed into; to impregnate.
- transitive v. To implant in, as if sowing seed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To sow; inject seed into; impregnate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. place seeds in or on (the ground)
- v. introduce semen into (a female)
You CAN NOT artificially inseminate a non receptive animal.
I know many ranchers who purchase semen that is used to inseminate wild does.
To valet a car and say you've parked it is to have a fertility clinic artificially inseminate your wife and then claim you knocked her up.
Producers that artificially inseminate cattle had difficulty getting cattle bred in July because of the heat, and we will definitely see similar results for the bull-bred herds.
-- Christian fertility doctors in California who refused to artificially inseminate a lesbian patient were barred by the state Supreme Court from invoking their religious beliefs in refusing treatment. ad_icon
Let's artificially inseminate them and give them Kama Sutras for Christmas.
They came about partly because of James Kroll, a Nacogdoches, Texas, biologist who in the late 1980s developed a way to artificially inseminate white-tailed deer.
Dr Li told the Guardian that it was unclear how the broken palps continued to inseminate the female after being severed from the male, but said such "remote copulation" was more than a simple draining of sperm into the female.
In some cases, different species can still artificially inseminate one another, but their offspring are infertile.
Others called back to the storyline a while ago about Booth donating sperm to inseminate Bones' eggs, although it seems pretty clear this baby came from their recent snuggle.