from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Vicious and ill-tempered, like a jade.
- adj. unchaste
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Vicious; ill-tempered; resembling a jade; -- applied to a horse.
- adj. Unchaste; -- applied to a woman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Skittish; vicious: said of a horse.
- Ill-conditioned; unchaste: said of a woman.
Socrates, will for such jadish tricks give the asse his due burthen of bastonadas.
Socrates would not kicke againe, if an asse did kicke at him, yet some that cannot be so wise, and will not be so patient as Socrates, will for such jadish tricks give the asse his due burthen of bastonadas.