from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually power-driven saw with a narrow vertical blade, used to cut sharp curves.
- transitive v. To cut or form with a jigsaw.
- transitive v. To arrange intricately; interlock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A saw with fine teeth and a narrow blade which can cut curves in wood or metal.
- n. A jigsaw puzzle.
- v. To cut something using a jigsaw.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fine-toothed power saw with a narrow blade; used to cut curved outlines
- n. a portable power saw with a reciprocating blade; can be used with a variety of blades depending on the application and kind of cut; generally have a plate that rides on the surface that is being cut
Perhaps the most important piece of the jigsaw is the casting.
Until this last piece of the jigsaw is in place, Ireland will remain in limbo.
This story here on the Yellowstone National Park Grey Wolves and the beneficial effects that having wolves on your doorstep can have and just how important each piece of the jigsaw is to the whole reminds us that wolves used to live here too.
The interplay between the first half of the word jigsaw and most of the word glue?
One technique that is used in schools to interrupt oppositional beliefs is called the jigsaw classroom experience: when children are placed in groups with other minorities, and given a project that requires everyone’s assistance, prejudices fall away, hostility fades, and group cooperation flourishes.37
I have to say I'm a great admirer of Mike Arrington and what he's accomplished with TechCrunch but I just don't see how Edgeio is defensible when all the pieces of this jigsaw are already out there and, as Matt Terenzio observes the trend is toward distributed models superceding centralized marketplaces.
And even that task, as weird as it sounds to people now firmly in the computer age, was more along the lines of a 3-D word jigsaw puzzle than drudgework.
The 36-year-old added: The final piece in the jigsaw was a retail partner who has the vision and capability to distribute these products globally.
The final piece in the jigsaw was a retail partner who has the vision and capability to distribute these products globally.
The Government is setting everything in place for this, and the only missing piece of the jigsaw is a legal clause.