from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To be nervous or uneasy; fidget.
- intransitive v. To make small quick jumpy movements. The pictures on the wall jitter whenever a truck drives by.
- n. A jittering movement; a tic.
- n. A fit of nervousness. Often used with the.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A program or routine that performs jitting.
- n. A nervous action; a tic.
- n. A state of nervousness.
- n. An abrupt and unwanted variation of one or more signal characteristics.
- v. To be nervous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small irregular movement
- n. small rapid variations in a waveform resulting from fluctuations in the voltage supply or mechanical vibrations or other sources
If the source was 25i, why changefps (23.976)? changefps will add / delete frames, so you are bound to get choppiness (maybe what you described as jitter?) it might help to post an unprocessed source sample, the ghosting might be blending frames or something else - hard to say without seeing it.
· Highly Customizable - Adjust size, shift gaps between elements, increase "jitter" -- each pattern has its own set of controls, all accessible through one simple palette.
· Adjust size, shift gaps between elements, increase "jitter" -- each pattern has its own set of controls, all accessible through one simple palette.
For example, the chip that a DAC uses to handle the conversion many competing DACs use the same chip isn't as crucial as other factors, like the DAC's ability to mitigate an esoteric problem in digital audio known as jitter.
Better description of what I'm calling jitter is this: about every second or so, the video seems to speed up for a split second and then slow down back to normal speed .... does that about every second.
The jitter I refer to is VHS instability, the jitter is usually a few field lines, not just 1 line.
Other factors such as 'jitter' and 'packet loss' (to name a couple) are also important.
The imagination factor tends to get lost in all of the legal arguments about Title This or Title That and all of the engineering disputes about how much "jitter" is acceptable.
(Oh, and sorry about the "jitter" on the slo-mo sequences - I filmed this a few years ago and used incompatible analog systems to edit it).
The supplied battery-free pen provides 512 pressure levels and has a programmable double side-switch and promises minimised 'jitter' of the pen, making cursor navigation faster and more accurate.