from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something given or kept; a memento.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Some object given by a person and retained in memory of something or someone; something kept for sentimental or nostalgic reasons.
- n. Specifically, a type of literary album popular in the nineteenth-century, containing scraps of poetry and prose, and engravings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything kept, or given to be kept, for the sake of the giver; a token of friendship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Anything kept or given to be kept for the sake of the giver; a token of friendship. The word was used as the title of some of the holiday gift-books formerly published annually. See annual, n., 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something of sentimental value
Why does he need an afterthought keepsake from the airline disaster?
: Hands out hot white chocolate in keepsake mugs with rabid wolf logo on side:
The word keepsake recalled the box to her mind, and all the train of ideas which the Flora had banished.
She said selling the keepsake was an "enormous decision," but she made a single copy and has no regrets.
Auctioneer Philip Weiss believes the keepsake will be a high-demand item due to an increased interest in the Thriller singer since his death last June.
When I was a pre-teen kid, my grandmothers really turned me on to the notion of keepsake boxes.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says that women should be discouraged from having so many so-called keepsake ultrasounds.
Immortalizing your newborn baby's footprint in bronze as a keepsake might be a long-cherished tradition, but another kind of imprint has become much more popular -- the digital kind.
DETROIT - The last North Carolinian to climb the ladder Monday night and clip a piece of the championship net for a keepsake was the head basketball coach,
I don't know that I actually have anything that I would describe as a keepsake that says anything about me.