from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A distant relative who is known well enough to be kissed when greeted.
- noun One of two or more things that are closely akin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A cousin sufficiently well acquainted to be greeted with a kiss; a type of kissing kin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A relatively distant
relativewho is familiar enough to be greeted with a kiss.
- noun figuratively A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a more or less distant relative; familiar enough to be greeted with a kiss
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.