from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having the power of divination; prophetic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to divination; prophetic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to divination, or to the condition of one inspired, or supposed to be inspired, by a deity; prophetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to prophecy or divination, or to one supposed to be inspired; prophetic: as, mantic fury.
- n. Divination; an object used in divination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy
Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow celebrated their "bro-mantic" reunion by embracing last night during their first live performance together for the first time in 15 years.
I imagine Ian harbors some resentment for Rick Barnes going back to his days in the ACC at Clemson when he and Dean Smith were not exactly 'bro-mantic' coaching colleagues.
But these guys have been bro-mantic through a lot of Clooney relationships.
But (shall I say?) that some of them appeared too ro-mantic for a settled brain to be so earnest, as she is, for having them carried into execution.
I am afraid, said Lady Betty, humouring this ro-mantic speech, that if the heads of such persons were as soft as we are apt sometimes to think them, they would be of as little service abroad as they are at home.
He call me Mrs. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back he say I'm Mrs. Ro...mantic
I AM SO COOL AND PUNNY!!! look what i just did!!! woe-mantic?!
Jefferson (who embraced English Unitarian theology in his later years) is the moral rationalist; Emerson (who started his career as a Unitarian minister) is the mantic intuitionist.
Whilst Corelli poked behind the cupboard with a broomstick, Arsenios 'mantic voice and Bunny Warren's wild amens drifted musically through the window:' … Our inheritance is turned to strangers, our houses to aliens.
I just finished watching "Sweet Home Alabama" which I thought was very cute and 'mantic.