from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A critical or decisive time on which much depends; a crucial moment.
- n. Sports The point in a bullfight at which the matador makes the kill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deciding instant; the time when a test determines or makes it apparent whether something will succeed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the moment in a bullfight when the matador kills the bull
- n. a crucial moment on which much depends
AFTER MONTHS OF MY OBSESSING about this trial, studying for it, investigating and gathering evidence, the moment of truth was here.
Methodically marching to the challenge that awaited them all season, after sweeping the New York Knicks in round one, and eliminating the Philadelphia 76ers in the conference semifinals, their moment of truth arrived in the Eastern Conference Finals.
'The moment of truth in a good meal! bergangsperiode between entremets and dessert,' and they all laughed, and then were silent.