from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Recurrent inflammation of a horse's eyes, often resulting in eventual blindness. Also called mooneye.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A chronic equine inflammatory eye disease.
- n. The optic condition night blindess: reduced eyesight in faint light.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Hemeralopia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as moon-blink.
- n. An eye-disease of the horse, scientifically known as periodic ophthalmia, the cause of which is unknown. One attack is followed at regular intervals by others which finally produce total blindness in one or both eyes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. recurrent eye inflammation in horses; sometimes resulting in blindness
- n. inability to see clearly in dim light; due to a deficiency of vitamin A or to a retinal disorder
Sorry, no etymologies found.