from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having been patched.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of patch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Mended, usually clumsily by covering a hole with a patch.
- adj. Partly covered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Mended or repaired with patches; adorned with patches.
- Party-colored; habited or dressed in party-colored clothes, as was formerly the custom with domestic fools or jesters.
- Irregularly variegated in color, as an animal.
- Made of patches: as, a patched quilt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having spots or patches (small areas of contrasting color or texture)
- adj. mended usually clumsily by covering a hole with a patch
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Absent a comment from Krakauer, we're left to enjoy the many genuine delights of the issue, which include a heartbreaking interview with Jan Arnold, the widow of guide Rob Hall, who perished in the '96 storm and who named his unborn daughter during a final phone call patched through to New Zealand when Hall was caught high on the mountain with no possibility of rescue.
Then, on other pictures, there were more men in patched sheepskin coats, poor houses roofed with hay.
From their decks bronzed men in patched and ragged garments looked with astonished eyes upon the desolate scene.
He was a little man, in patched overalls; bareheaded, with a cotton shirt open at the throat and down the chest.
So once I agreed to fly out to Los Angeles and memorize six lines if the editors are wise, they’ll cut three, they concocted me a moniker patched together from their favorite Idol winners — season 7′s David Cook and season 8′s Kris Allen.
Afternoon: Hall learns over his walkie-talkie that rescuers cannot reach him and has a call patched through to his wife in New Zealand.
Yesterday morning, Ms. Van Der Mier received a phone call patched into her office, from an anonymous person whose voice was concealed electronically.
Because while he was waiting to have the hole patched, which is one way we treat these holes, he was put on a strong blood thinner.
That's why the Mooselings first feared that perhaps they had already blogged down the wrong alley, when, just yesterday, they received an unexpected direct call patched in from the Bull Moose himself all the way from the Lone Star state.
Front coin pocket made of skin like material with a gold metal signature "A" logo tag patched on flap. 2 back pockets, metal Akademiks tag patched on it.