from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of ping pong.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An indoor modification of lawn tennis played with small bats, or battledores, and a very light, hollow, celluloid ball, on a large table divided across the middle by a net. Also called table tennis.
- n. A size of photograph a little larger than a postage stamp.
- intransitive v. To play ping-pong.
- intransitive v. to bounce back and forth, in the manner of a ping-pong ball.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Tennis played with small rackets upon a table on which the courts may be marked.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a game (trademark Ping-Pong) resembling tennis but played on a table with paddles and a light hollow ball
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But what Solomon Islanders call ping-pong politics-frequent government changes, side-switching by politicians in search of more lucrative jobs and an obsession with the parliamentary numbers game-is taking its toll, increasing public disillusionment and leading to outbursts of violence.
The magician turned a ping-pong ball into a shiny box and pulled out of it a wriggling white mouse.
The tornadoes, as many as eight in central North Carolina alone, were accompanied by hail the size of ping-pong balls, said Scott Sharp , another meteorologist with the weather service.
Btw, section 2 is a perfect formula for a legislative ping-pong game.
“Maybe you could do that,” she says, her excited voice bouncing across the table at me like a ping-pong ball.
The thick of winter is here and the no-longer-dormant Knicks are finally chasing something better than a ping-pong ball.
I listen to the quiet ping-pong of him saying “Sorry” and her saying “Shhh,” both as earnestly as they can mean it.
Then came the resurgence of ping-pong tables as a necessary stop.
There are those who arrive late, those who slip away early and those who combine the capacity to down 10 pints with a bladder the size of a ping-pong ball.
We had to resort to ping-pong football and that is not our style, he said in a reference to both teams having to keep the ball in the air to get forward momentum.