from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A thin flat-ended tool used by tinners and braziers for smoothing tin-plate and brasswork.
- noun A workman who planishes, smooths, or planes.
- noun A device for flattening sections cut by a microtome for microscopic examination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who, or that which, planishes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who, or that which,
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
planish + -er
A skilful Italian goldsmith and planisher, chiefly known as a medalist, born (according to Forrer) in Breglio near Como or