from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Either of the two lateral portions of a body segment of an arthropod.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A lateral piece, part, or aspect of the body; especially, the side of the thorax: chiefly used of invertebrates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One of the sides of an animal.
- noun One of the lateral pieces of a somite of an insect.
- noun One of lateral processes of a somite of a crustacean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
lateral scleriteof a thoracic segmentof an arthropodbetween the tergumand the sternum
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[New Latin, from Greek, side, rib.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.