from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In a spinning-frame, the glass or metal guide-eye through which the yarn passes from the rollers to the flyer.
  • n. In bleaching, a glass or earthen ware ring through which the moist cloth is passed, in order to guide it and prevent its coming in contact with other objects.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.