from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who presents a broadcast programme; a compere or master of ceremonies.
- n. Someone who presents a thing or person to someone else.
- n. A small handheld device used to remotely control a computerised slide show.
- n. Part of a special GUI software that assumes the functionality of the "middle-man".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who presents.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who presents or offers for acceptance; a giver.
- n. An exhibitor; an actor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who presents a message of some sort (as a petition or an address or a check or a memorial etc.)
- n. an advocate who presents a person (as for an award or a degree or an introduction etc.)
- n. person who makes a gift of property
But she's on the cover of magazines, she's written an autobiography and now she's getting TV work as a what they call a presenter over there we call them hosts.
To discover that this otherwise excellent presenter, is a fraud not only brings shame on him and the Catholic
Update: The one highlight of The One Show was the presenter from the beach telling people to "Look at the webshite".
Mucho celebs may be on hand at the Met but the truly tasteful folks, like Stanley Tucci, who was a main presenter last year, attend these awards.
Sometimes the presenter is stuck and a question will help trigger their brain and start them in a new direction.
For example, he presses McChrystal - the main presenter - to say how you can expect to build an effective Afghan army loyal to the state when the government is universally seen as corrupt and illegitimate.
The presenter is asking one simple question: Who is the boy and who is the girl?
A fight between Gorgeous George Galloway, one of the few people I find more detestable than Ken Livingstone or Gordon Brown, and Jon "Big Boy" Gaunt a phone-in presenter who has less abilty than he thinks he has; now that would be worth watching.
Dr. Bob Holley, the last presenter, is an avid gamer and collector of PC games.
"Our next presenter is either a legendary actor or a car dealership – Harrison Ford."