from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Reaching or having reached puberty.
- adj. Covered with short hairs or soft down.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Arriving, or arrived at, puberty.
- adj. Covered with down or fine hairs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Arrived at puberty.
- adj. Covered with pubescence, or fine short hairs, as certain insects, and the leaves of some plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Arriving at puberty.
- Covered with pubescence, or fine short hair; downy.
- In botany, covered or sprinkled with down or hairs: a general term, including villous, hirsute, strigose, lanate, etc., but when used alone in specific description denoting a soft or downy and short pubescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with fine soft hairs or down
- adj. (of animals especially human beings) having arrived at the onset of puberty (the age at which sex glands become functional) but not yet fully mature
Deflowering a curious and coquettish cusp-pubescent is illegal and icky at best, and, due to “ability to consent,” probably properly defined, in our modern morality, as rape.
Post-pubescent is still UNDER AGE – STATUTORY RAPE!!
BLITZER: So you're making a difference between pedophilia and what's called phebophilia (ph), which is the post-pubescent, 16 -, 15 -, 16 -, 17-year-olds as opposed to pre-pubescent, which is pedophelia.
And he doesn't have that kind of pubescent depression and life looks grand.
On CNN yesterday, Catholic League President William Donohue defended the assertion by pointing to a study that found that "three out of every four" of the male victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests were "post-pubescent, meaning that it's homosexuality driven."
On CNN yesterday, Catholic League President William Donohue defended the assertion by pointing to a study that found that “three out of every four” of the male victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests were “post-pubescent, meaning that it’s homosexuality driven.”
CPS has argued it found a “pervasive pattern and practice” of forced underage marriage and sexual abuse there, and that more than 25 percent of pubescent girls removed from the compound were married between ages 12 and 15.
I can't exactly root for the thirty year-old and the barely pubescent teen, you know?
What makes this film a particularly worthy addition to the Alice canon is that it explores the psyche of a post - rather than pre-pubescent Alice.
Based on the kitschy 1985 Michael J. Fox big-screen comedy about a pubescent, van-surfing furball, MTV's Teen Wolf remake could have been a total mutt.