from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The char (fish of genus Salvelinus)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The char.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The slider, potter, or red-fender, Chrysemys rubriventris, an edible terrapin of the United States. See red-fender.
- n. The torgoch, a Welsh variety of the char, Salvelinus umbla.
- n. The red-bellied minnow, Chrosomus erythrogaster.
- n. The red-bellied perch or sunfish, a centrarchoid, Lepomis auritus.
- n. The red grouper, Epinephelus morio.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. freshwater turtle of Chesapeake Bay tributaries having red markings on the lower shell
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The banded sculpin and slender madtom occur in small streams, especially where aquatic macrophytes are present, and the southern redbelly dace inhabits headwaters.
Streams support a distinctive group of species not widely found elsewhere in Ecoregion 27, including the bigeye shiner, southern redbelly dace, stoneroller, black and golden redhorses, spotted bass, logperch, and orangethroat darter.
Snake-phobia sufferers take note: redbelly snakes will do anything they can to get away from you and stay alive.
Look for redbelly snakes—under stones, boards, logs, and leafy debris, especially along forest edges.
Under a ceiling of northern needleleaf trees, for instance, they know to look for porcupines, red squirrels, redbelly snakes, and brown creepers.
The redbelly difference between a top bottom of this adapter is to darkness here on serps and in some cases, the teacher on the serps paleness is comfortable by elements because it's mistaken for seo only.
• The northern redbelly dace, northern cricket frog and blue-spotted salamander were added to the Pennsylvania endangered species list.
Dozens of species call the river home, including the rare Northern redbelly cooter turtle and rare bridle shiner fish, river otters and seven freshwater mussel species.
Thanks to a vote Thursday by the Johnson County Commission, the northern redbelly and smooth Kansas City area are on a list of nearly 700 being considered for possible consolidation as the Postal Service faces huge News Two union-backed groups that have spent years criticizing Wal-Mart Stores Inc. 's wages and benefits say they're going to merge.
One of the main points I've emphasised in some of the previous articles is that toads - or, crown-toads, anyway - seem to be ancestrally South American: the redbelly toads (