from The Century Dictionary.
- Cooling; mitigating heat.
- noun Anything which refrigerates; a refrigerant; a refrigerator; any vessel, chamber, or pipe in which cooling is effected.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun In distillation, a vessel filled with cold water, surrounding the worm, the vapor in which is thereby condensed.
- noun The chamber, or tank, in which ice is formed, in an ice machine.
- adjective Mitigating heat; cooling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun dated That which
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
I have in my own experience proved the sitz to be cogitatory, consolatory, quiescent, refrigeratory, revivificatory, or all these together.
In the mean time, the leaves of oaks abundantly congested on snow, preserve it as well for wine, as a deep pit, or the most artificial refrigeratory.