from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mechanical device consisting of a metal box with a series of vertical slats through which material is poured and randomly divided into two samples; this process is repeated to obtain a small representative sample of a bulk material
- n. A curved file used in carving wood and marble.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A curved file used in carving wool and marble.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of file with a somewhat curved extremity, suitable for working in small depressions.
- n. A workman who uses such a file, especially in metal-work.
Sorry, no etymologies found.