from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The third finger of the left hand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Finger between middle finger and little finger; the "third finger" (UK) or the "fourth finger" (US), especially of the left hand. (The ring finger is the left hand; a ring finger is either hand.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the third finger of the left hand, or the next the little finger, on which the ring is placed in marriage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The third finger of the left hand, on which the marriage-ring is placed; in anatomy, the third finger of either hand, technically called the annularis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the third finger (especially of the left hand)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.