from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A narrow footboard extending under and beside the doors of some automobiles and other conveyances.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narrow board serving as a step beneath the doors of some cars.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a narrow platform extending along the side of a locomotive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In electricity, a mounting for reels of wire by means of which, in the construction of overhead lines, several wires can be run off the reels simultaneously and fastened to the cross-arms of the poles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a narrow footboard serving as a step beneath the doors of some old cars
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.