from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Handwriting done rapidly without lifting the pen from the paper.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. a style of rapid writing in which the letters are usually slanted and the words formed without lifting the pen; -- distinguished from round hand.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. rapid handwriting in which letters are set down in full and are cursively connected within words without lifting the writing implement from the paper


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.