from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of fleeing so as to evade undesirable consequences.
- n. The area where one curved surface merges with another: a snowy runout at the bottom of the ski slope.
- n. The act or an instance of expiring or having expired: the runout of an executive contract.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that has been run out.
- n. A run out, a running out. The method of getting out in which a batsman, in making a run, has not reached the popping crease when a fielder breaks his wicket with the ball.
- n. The location control of a filleted surface tangent to a circular feature along its inner edge.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The runout was an iced snowmobile track, more like a luge course than a ski slope.
I hope they have a runout session on "Civility in American Politics," but then, probably none of them would understand the concept.
More: "In the budget runout from FY09's enacted budget thru FY13 (the last year of the Bush Administration's budget), NASA's Science account (including Earth Science), INCREASES $1.224 billion while NASA's Exploration account DECREASES $3.02 billion due to the elimination of funding for the heavy-lift Ares 5 development and the Altair Lunar Lander (the budget maintains ~$25 million a year to be used for" studies ")."
Did you criticize the Bush Administration for cutting NASA's budget runout after Griffin was appointed?
Please note that if the funding for Keck had been identified in the budget runout for the period beyond the current contract (2012 and beyond) in the 2009 budget plan, SMD leadership would be said to have "prejudged" the outcome of the Senior Review.
If sufficient funds to enable continuation of Keck and other extended missions aren't in the budget runout (usually in some obliquely worded line item, such as "unallocated mission operations"), then the general call to arms may be more appropriate.
IIRC, I asked him then what happens when all the coulours runout ....
IIRC, I asked him then what happens when all the coulours runout....
Typical gulf coast beach with brown sand and a real gradual runout.
“I think Landis should know of the Dean runout sic,” Stumpf fumed, “so that he can take some action against major leaguers who forget the public after tickets have been bought.”