from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation of Latin secundum artem, according to the rules of art: used in medical prescriptions.
- An abbreviation of Latin sine anno (without year), without date.
- An abbreviation of southeast or southeastern.
- An abbreviation of south latitude.
- An abbreviation of sine prole, without issue.
- An abbreviation of South Africa
- of South America
- of South Australia.
- An abbreviation off the Latin sub verbo, under the word;
- of the Latin spiritus vini or vinosus, spirit of wine;
- [caps.] of the Latin Sancta Virgo, Holy Virgin;
- [caps.] of the Latin Sanctitas Vestra, your Holiness;
- [caps.] of Sons of Veterans.
- n. An abbreviation: Of the Latin senatus consulto, by decree of the senate (of Rome).
- n. In printing, of small capitals.
- n. An abbreviation of Society of Jesus.
- n. An abbreviation of short meter.
- n. In exchange transactions, an abbreviation of seller's option. See seller.
- n. An abbreviation:
- n. of Sunday-school;
- n. of steamship, also of screw steamship.
- n. An abbreviation of sub voce, under the word: used in referring to articles in glossaries and dictionaries.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Scientiæ Baccalaureus, Bachelor of Science;
- n. of South Britain;
- n. of Spartan Brotherhood
- n. of Steamboat.
- n. An abbreviation of South Carolina
- n. of Staff Corps
- n. of Supreme Court.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Scientiæ Doctor, Doctor of Science
- n. of the Latin salutem dicet. (he or she) sends greeting
- n. of Senior Deacon;
- n. of the Latin sine die, without day.
- n. An abbreviation of Southeastern (Postal District, London)
- n. of Sanitary Engineer.
- n. An abbreviation of solicitor-general
- n. of specific gravity
- n. of the Latin phrase salutis gratiâ, ‘for the sake of safety’: placed on the upper left-hand margin of Lloyd's marine insurance policies, and equivalent to ‘insured.’
- n. An abbreviation of Sandwich Islands
- n. of Staten Island.
- n. An abbreviation of sergeant at law
- n. of solicitor at law.
- n. An abbreviation of the French Sa Majesté, His (or Her) Majesty
- n. of Senior Magistrate
- n. of sergeant-major
- n. of sewing-machine
- n. of Sons of Malta
- n. of State Militia
- n. of the Latin Scientiæ Magister, Master of Science.
- n. An abbreviation of the Italian senza tempo, without marked time
- n. of short ton.
- n. An abbreviation of senior warden; of southwest or southwestern, speeifically of Southwestern Postal District, London.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.