from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sore on a horse's back caused by an improperly fitted saddle.
- n. A sore on a rider caused by the chafing of a saddle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gall, a sore developed by a horse from an ill-fitting or ill-adjusted saddle.
- adj. Pertaining to a horse with saddle sores, or to a rider who has been riding too long.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle
- n. sore on a horseback rider chafed by a saddle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.