from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A flatiron which has a removable handle and is pointed at both ends.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. An iron for smoothing clothes; a flatiron.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A smoothing-iron for garments and textile fabrics generally, especially one differing from the ordinary flatiron in being hollow and heated by red-hot pieces of iron put into it. Compare box-iron.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.