from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Used as a courtesy title before the surname or full name of a married woman in a Spanish-speaking area.
- noun Used as a form of polite address for a woman in a Spanish-speaking area.
- noun A Spanish or Spanish-speaking woman.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A lady; in address, madam; as a title, Mrs.: the feminine of señor: in Spanish use.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A Spanish title of courtesy given to a lady; Mrs.; Madam; also, a lady.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a Spanish title or form of address for a married woman; similar to the English `Mrs' or `madam'
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Spanish, feminine of señor, señor; see señor.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.