from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A small tropical American tree (Coccoloba uvifera) growing on sandy beaches and having large, leathery, rounded leaves and edible purplish fruit arranged in grapelike clusters.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
- noun The grape-tree or seaside grape, Coccoloba uvifera. See
- noun A glasswort, Salicornia herbacea.
- noun 4. plural The clustered egg-cases of squids, cuttles, and other cephalopods. Sometimes they are numerous enough to choke the dredges and interfere with oystering.
- noun The salt-grape (which see, under
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- The gulf weed. See under
- A shrubby plant (
Coccoloba uvifera) growing on the sandy shores of tropical America, somewhat resembling the grapevine.
- (Zoöl.) The clusters of gelatinous egg capsules of a squid (Loligo).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A small
tree, Coccolobis uvifera, that grows on sandy beaches in tropical America; it has clusters of purple fruit
- noun The gulf weed.
- noun The clusters of
gelatinous egg capsulesof a squid(Loligo).
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.