from The Century Dictionary.
- Partly tertian and partly quotidian: applied to intermittent fevers.
- noun A semitertian fever.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Med.) Having the characteristics of both a tertian and a quotidian intermittent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective obsolete, medicine Having a
paroxysmevery day, and a second stronger one every two days
- noun obsolete, medicine An
intermittent feverof this kind.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word semitertian.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.