from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chronic inflammation of the lungs caused by excessive inhalation of dust containing iron salts or particles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of pneumoconiosis caused by the inhalation of iron dust
- n. The accumulation of hemosiderin in various organs of the body by people with a diet rich in iron
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sort of pneumonia occuring in iron workers, produced by the inhalation of particles of iron.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pneumonoconiosis in which the particles are metallic, especially iron.
- n. A deposition of iron pigment in any of the tissues of the body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fibrosis of the lung caused by iron dust; occurs among welders and other metal workers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.